With our clients, we had a great time on a NaturesLens Photography Holiday at two fantastic locations in India during late March; the first week was spent at Tadoba Tiger Reserve, where the guests experienced encounters with sloth bears, tigers, a leopard (in Jayne's case) & many birds. The second week was spent in Nagarhole – Kabini, where our target species were tiger, elephant & the leopards of the region.
We will share a second series of photos from Jayne later in the week, but first up, we have a selection contributed by Ian.
One of the elephants of Nagarhole, these gentle giants loved to wash themselves by the water
Nagarhole – Kabini – was also home to the giant squirrels
Whilst Tadoba was home to the sometimes hard to spot Nightjar!
On the lakes of Tadoba, we often spotted the ospreys who used the lakes to fish for dinner
On the very last day, bird photography was the order of the day, first bee-eaters near Mysore – at a site that we knew of – then all manner of birds at a Bird Sanctuary set on a beautiful lake. This had a large population of various types of bird, including the painted stork!
Above & below are images that Ian was very lucky to capture; in many years of visiting India, we have spotted sloth bears only a few times, Ian spotted them in Tadoba many times!
The big ticket, this is what the guests hoped to see, and this is what they got to photograph … Tigers … not just tigers, families of tigers!
There were two main families that our guests were lucky enough to have encounters with, Maya & her cubs, then Sonam with her family, additional to these encounters were those with male tigers who distance themselves from their families whilst the mother looks after the growing cubs.
If you would like to join us for your own encounter with the amazing & majestic Bengal Tiger, we have already put up the dates for the tour next year; we are returning to Bandhavgarh, the cub & juvenile sightings are anticipated to be great, & it is a reserve that we have a great affinity with … it is the reserve that we have visited most, have forged great friendships within & have superb relationships with the drivers & naturalists of.
We have a special offer on at the moment, there are a couple of places available on our 2017 Tigers of Bandhavgarh Photography Holiday with a £250 discount – which means you'll pay £3049 instead of £3299. These places are limited, so book now to secure a place at a great price!
- This photography holiday will be conducted between the dates of April 18, 2017 – April 26, 2017.
- Superb accommodation on a full-board basis within easy reach of Bandhavgarh.
- 11 morning & afternoon safaris providing photography of the Bengal Tigers & other wildlife of Bandhavgarh National Park!
- We include an all day safari, which is an opportunity to explore the park & capture images at a time when the park is not open to the public.
- Like most of our tours – No single supplement!
- Easy flights into & out of New Delhi.
- All meals, airport transfers, accommodation & activities whilst in Bandhavgarh are included.