Andy was a member of group 2 of our Lake Kerkini photography tour, as you can see, much of the snow had gone, leaving behind ice & larger pockets of water, this meant Andy was able to capture classic images & some fabulous shots of these photogenic birds on thawing ice.
When the second group found out that there was snow at Lake Kerkini, they could barely contain their excitement. As mentioned in an earlier post, Kerkini was experiencing its coldest winter in 60 years. The snow & ice promised the opportunity to capture some really unique & special images. Both groups came back with very different images, but more importantly, everyone came back very happy.
Andy even took time out to take a shot of the group & Dan, who lead this tour for us, in action!
As the day progressed, the lake would slowly thaw out but the cold evenings caused it to freeze over again. This meant that any hopes of a traditional boat trip were dashed. Luckily, this didn’t stop our intrepid group from venturing out on the lake by rowing boat!
When asked if he had enjoyed his trip to see the Dalmatian Pelicans, Andy replied “What a great few days at Lake Kerkini! Ably led by Dan & the local naturalist we reveled in the exceptional conditions. Both went out of their way to ensure we had the best photo opportunities.”
DO YOU WANT TO UNDERTAKE THE KERKINI PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR FOR YOURSELF?
We have a couple of spaces remaining on the first trip of 2018, this is an opportunity for you to undertake photography of the Dalmatian Pelicans on Lake Kerkini for yourself; the photography holiday costs £1049 each participant, this price excludes air travel to Thessaloniki itself – all ground transportation from Thessaloniki & back, & to & from shoot locations, accommodation & guidance/tuition is included, the dates for the Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini Photography Holiday are January 11 – 15, 2018.
To hold a place on the trip, we only require a 20% deposit from you, with the balance due 12 weeks prior to the trip taking place.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours