In January I had the pleasure of co-guiding one of the NaturesLens Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece Photography Holidays, along with Pui Hang. We took a group out to Greece to capture images of an oft-overlooked bird – the Kerkini Pelicans. This is the second part of a series of three blog posts covering the trip, with more Dalmatian Pelicans images taken by myself. If you missed the first part, then you can read it here.
The following day, we travelled to different locations from the first. This next location was on the opposite side of the lake as there was now some nice light directly on the pelicans. It was here that our local guide proposed he fed the pelicans & so we undertook another of our shoreline feeds. The ice and snow meant we were able to get close and low for some very different, wide angle images as you will see, further down this blog post.
It was great fun watching the Kerkini Pelicans fly frantically to grab the fish & at times playing some tug of war to win the prize!
We had the towering Belasitsa mountain range as a spectacular backdrop. This mountain range separates Greece & Bulgaria & they are truly stunning (especially when covered in snow). Not only were there pelicans present, but we were also treated to some Flamingos which was quite special as normally, they are too far away to get decent images of.
DO YOU WANT TO CAPTURE IMAGES OF THE KERKINI PELICANS FOR YOURSELF?
We have a third trip that is to be run during January of 2018, this is an opportunity for you to undertake photography of the Dalmatian Pelicans on Lake Kerkini for yourself; the photography holiday costs £1049 each participant, this price excludes air travel to Thessaloniki itself – all ground transportation from Thessaloniki & back, & to & from shoot locations, accommodation & guidance/tuition is included, the dates for the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece Photography Holiday are January 6 – 11, 2018.
To hold a place on the trip, we only require a 20% deposit from you, with the balance due 12 weeks prior to the trip taking place.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours