John wanted to spend more time photographing the Dalmatian Pelican, so he booked onto two consecutive trips. During his time in Lake Kerkini, he was blessed with fabulous lighting conditions and perfected his reflection shots.
There were lots of opportunities to perfect flight shots as the pelicans glided in to feed. The Dalmatian Pelican is a great subject to practice flight shots due to their size. It also helps that they aren’t particularly fast, so you don’t need a f/2.8 lens to catch them in flight.
As you can see, our Dalmatian Pelican tour is one of those trips where you can use a wide range of lenses. The picturesque mountain backdrop makes this image for me as it’s always nice to see wildlife in their environment.
Quick tip: for the boat trips, handheld telephoto, and wide angle lenses are best. Something like the 100-400mm is excellent for flexibility and versatility.
Many thanks to John for joining us and for allowing us to share some of his images. We hope to see you again!
Photograph the Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself
To photograph the charismatic Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself, join Sean Weekly, one of the members of the NaturesLens guiding team, in Kerkini, Greece during January 2019 for a trip lasting five nights. This photography holiday will offer you the opportunity to capture images of the Dalmatian pelican. The NaturesLens Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Holiday is provided on a full board, non-shared room basis, & costs £1199 per participant.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours