Karen joined our Pelicans of Lake Kerkini trip in 2018, having missed out in 2017. She may not have gotten the snow, but she got some awesome light, coupled with fantastic opportunities for reflection shots.
In the image below, the clean backdrop coupled with the glass like waters of Lake Kerkini make this image. Were it not for the slight ripples in the water; you could flip the picture upside down & be none the wiser!
Our hotel is within walking distance of Lake Kerkini, making sunrise & sunset shots possible. The pink tones that Karen has captured in the photo below are glorious.
I always enjoy seeing client photos. Everyone has a different eye, & it’s great to see so many diverse takes on the same subject as it can often inspire people to try a different type of shot.
I hope Karen’s camera didn’t get wet as she got down low to get this shot! Look at the detail in the feathers, & the crazy hairdo.
We choose to visit the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini in January as the birds are in their full winter plumage. The white feathers & bright red pouch makes them more attractive to photograph but also helps the pelican to attract a partner!
Photograph the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself
To photograph the charismatic Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself, join Sean Weekly, one of the members of the NaturesLens guiding team, in Kerkini, Greece during January 2019 for a trip lasting four nights. This photography holiday will offer you the opportunity to capture images of the Dalmatian Pelican. The NaturesLens Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Holiday is provided on a full board, non-shared room basis.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- 8 Images of Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans captured by George
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours