Rosamund was one of our guests on the last of our three trips to photograph Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans in Greece. She wanted to capture some stunning reflection shots, and I think it would be fair to say that she succeeded! Take a look at the colours in the image below – gorgeous.
I love the lone pelican with his comedic hairstyle. In my opinion, he makes this image. Rosamund has a real knack for capturing their personalities.
I know I’ve said this before, but our guests this year had it all – awesome light, fantastic opportunities and…. a white pelican! (Yes, I know he is pink, but this is because he is also in his breeding plumage).
You may recall that we also saw a white pelican on the 2017 trip – I wonder if it is the same one…
Rosamund had an idea of the type of shots she wanted to achieve on this trip. From reflections and close headshots to the iconic feeding frenzy. Having a sense of the sort of shots you would like to achieve is always helpful as it gives you something to strive for, once you have the classic shots ‘in the bag”.
Thanks to Rosamund for kindly allowing us to share some of her beautiful images of Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans. We look forward to seeing you again in September for the Camargue Horses!
Photograph the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself
To photograph the charismatic Pelicans of Lake Kerkini yourself, join Sean Weekly, one of the members of the NaturesLens guiding team, in Kerkini, Greece during January 2019 for a trip lasting five nights. This photography holiday will offer you the opportunity to capture images of the Dalmatian pelican. The NaturesLens Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Holiday is offered on a full board, non-shared room basis, & costs £1199 per participant.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours