We have been asked a number of times about social distancing & how our photography holidays & workshops will change, if they need to.
For our previous comments & our booking guarantee, you can read our main COVID-19 page.
The bulk of our trips only take 4-6 guests, this means that we carry on as usual & social distancing is the new normal.
Most of our photography holidays do not see strangers sharing same room accommodation, so nothing will change there. Social distancing should be relatively easy; our policy has always been to have single occupancy at no extra charge for the bulk of our trips unless the persons sharing the room are from the same household.
This applies to our U.K. workshops such as the seal photography weeks being led this year by Robin or trips further afield.
In the case of the seal photography weeks, we will be fully encouraging our guests to use their own transportation to & from the photography locations.
On all our photography trips we will be asking the following
- That participants maintain a 2m socially distanced gap from each other where possible.
- That participants wear masks or face coverings at any indoor area made use of during the photography workshop or tour.
- That participants understand that we will conduct regular temperature checks for staff & participants.
- That participants confirm, prior to the photography holiday commencing, that they have followed current government guidance, including self-isolating if they (or their contacts) have tested positive or suffer any symptoms.
- That participants have necessary travel insurance in place in accordance with the regulations of the country in which the photography trip is taking place.
- That participants have the necessary proof of negative COVID tests which have taken place in accordance with the regulations of the country in which the photography holiday is taking place.
- That participants will follow the guidance & requests of our photography leaders regarding remaining socially distanced when requested to do so.
For India, we have only ever had one person per row on the safari jeeps & this is how it will be in the future.
For our photography tour in Costa Rica, we use a 20-seater bus, so our guides & five guests should find it easy to remain socially distanced.
Greece has some interesting regulations & requirements, which means we will have to make some changes, but we will address those nearer the time.
For all other trips, we will be closely following the social distancing requirements & regulations of the respective country.
We will be requesting that all hotels, & other locations that we make use of, where practical, have a published COVID-19 risk assessment & procedures policy which has been made available to us & is in accordance with the regulations of the country in which the photography trip is taking place.