Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini Photography Holiday Details
[su_panel background=”#f3f3f3″ shadow=”0px 0px 0px #eeeeee”]Please note this trip is now full
– for details of our other photography holidays, please view the main listing
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Main Details”]
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini Photography Holiday
Join NaturesLens in Greece for their Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday which is to be conducted on & around Lake Kerkini. The lake has impressive snowcapped mountains to the northern edges providing a perfect photographic backdrop.
The photographic opportunities on our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday should be sublime – with opportunities for shots from both the shoreline & on the water itself.
Lake Kerkini, situated in northern Greece, not far from the border with Bulgaria, is the setting for our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Workshop – in winter, Lake Kerkini, is the most important place in Europe for the globally threatened Dalmatian Pelican, additionally the lake is a noted haunt of the rare Spotted Eagle.
NaturesLens have arranged for the clients to venture, using boats, out on to the lake itself, it is expected therefore that clients will be able to enjoy incredible close encounters with the magniﬁcent Dalmatian Pelicans, many of which should be sporting full breeding plumage at this time of year.
In January, Lake Kerkini is also home to large numbers of Pygmy Cormorants & thousands of wintering Greater Flamingos.
Our main photographic target is the Dalmatian Pelican (Pelecanus Crisps), from mid-January until end of March they are at their most attractive with full breeding plumage on show & vocal displays to impress the females.
Wrap up warmly & join us for the thrill of Dalmatian Pelican Photography at one of Europe’s most important & exciting winter wetlands!
The trip will run between January 16th, 2015 & January 19th, 2015 & costs £650, including photography trips, airport transfers & transportation from the hotel to the lake, meals & accommodation.
The 2015 trip is being run at a discounted rate as it is the initial year of NaturesLens ofﬁcially running the trip – in subsequent years, the cost will increase by £100 – £150.[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Further Information”]
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini Photography Holiday Highlights
- 2 days ﬁlled with Dalmatian Pelican photography opportunities – 3 boat trips onto Lake Kerkini included – plus a 4×4 trip to the delta for other species photography.
- Photograph Dalmatian Pelicans on the lake & at the shoreline, ﬁghting for ﬁsh or sitting within the landscape.
- Photograph amazing & endangered species like Greater Flamingos, White Tailed Sea Eagles & Pygmy Cormorants.
- We hope to photograph a wide selection of images; both portraits & closeup shots of perched Dalmatian Pelicans, pelicans calling, ﬂying, ﬁghting for ﬁsh; plus wider bird in the landscape images to show impressive backdrop to the lake with the snow covered mountains in the distance.
- The timing of the workshop is deliberate to photograph the birds whilst they are in their breeding plumage & looking their most impressive.
- Dinner, bed & breakfast accommodation & transportation within Greece included.
- Accommodation is in a comfortable hotel on the shores of Lake Kerkini.
Group numbers are strictly limited to allow everyone to get a great position on the boats that we use during the Dalmatian Pelicans photography workshop to venture out onto the lake, whilst on the boat & during other activities, general advice will be given before the commencement of each element of the trip.
With a boat trips each morning & evening, we certainly hope to capture many facets of the Dalmatian Pelicans personality as they go about life on the lake – hopefully including take-oﬀ, landing & in-ﬂight shots of these magniﬁcent birds.
This Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday is suitable for mid-level & experienced photographers.
Maximum 7 clients – EVENT FULL