- This event has passed.
Saltee Island Gannet Photography Holiday
June 5, 2015 - June 8, 2015Event Full due to camera club booking
Gannet Photography holiday Details[/is_singular]The NaturesLens Gannet Photography holiday is ideal for those photographers wishing to add more great seabird images to their portfolio. Commencing in Pembroke Dock, Wales, this wildlife photography holiday immediately transports the participants across to Southern Ireland to photograph the gannet colony of the Saltee Islands. Whilst in Southern Ireland, our clients, accompanied by a NaturesLens guide will have three full days amongst the gannet colony.
The Saltee Islands are a family-owned, nature reserve situated approximately 5 kms from the beautiful County Wexford coast. The islands were once a magnet for pirates & smugglers, now however they are rightly famous as one of the best Irish bird sanctuaries for their impressive selection of twelve species of seabirds which have made the islands their home. During our trip we will be able to see the colonies of the Gannets, Razorbills & even more Puffins! As well as the islands being perfect places for photography & bird watching, they are also a place with outstanding marine & animal life! The surrounding waters of the islands are one of the prime sites for Grey Seals in Ireland, with the species breeding roughly 120 pups between August & December. The Saltee Islands are also regarded as a hotspot for whale & dolphin watching, given a perfect view of the sea from the cliffs. During summer months, it is possible to spot species such as Risso Dolphins, Harbour Porpoises & occasionally Orca.
This photography holiday includes the following elements: visiting Southern Ireland, accommodation on a bed & breakfast & evening meal basis, transportation & ferry costs & boat trips whilst visiting the Saltee Islands.
All photos on this page are representative of the opportunities available should you join us on this holiday.
Gannet Photography holiday Availability
Maximum 6 photographers – Spaces available
Additional Notes[TourDisclaimer participants=”6″]
Reserve Your Place
What our clients say
- Make a Booking Enquiry
- How to Book
- Before booking, it is important that you read the relevant past event event page & our Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for this past event, please contact us. To book, simply click the relevant link from the event page on our website. You will then be sent a booking form & a copy of our terms & conditions. In order to secure your place on the selected past event, simply complete the booking form with details of all persons travelling & holiday indemnity, in relevant cases, & return to us (either by email or by post) with confirmation that the deposit has been paid. Payments should be made via bank transfer.
- Recommended Equipment
- To be advised
Recommended Camera EquipmentTo be advised
- Additional Notes
- The past event itinerary is subject to change & is to be considered provisional. NaturesLens past events require a minimum number of participants in order to be viable. If this minimum number is not met, the past event may not go ahead. This past event has a minimum participant level of plus NaturesLens guide(s). In the event that the minimum number for a past event to go ahead is not reached, NaturesLens reserves the right to cancel any given past event. In that event 100% of monies received will be returned. However, NaturesLens is not responsible for expenses incurred by its customers. Not all mentioned wildlife can be observed & photographed at all times of the year, thus some activities may be considered seasonal & not available. NaturesLens reserves the right to accept or decline any person as a member of any past event. Payment of deposit by past event participants or their representative constitutes their acceptance of all conditions contained herein. All bookings are made subject to our terms & conditions. Travel Insurance RequirementsIt is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical & personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the photography holiday. We also strongly recommend you take out cover for cancellation & curtailment & baggage cover. We have made use of the services of Campbell Irvine Insurance in the past, Campbell Irvine has policies which are specially designed for adventure holidays & are underwritten by AXA Insurance. As an alternative, check your standard travel insurance, many bank accounts include suitable insurance as part of a packaged deal. Personal Travel Insurance can be arranged directly at Campbell Irvine. For photographic insurance, we highly recommend the services of Glover & Howe. We have made use of their policies for a number of years now, adjustments, policy maintenance & claims are handled in an easy & professional manner by them.
Saltee Island Gannet Photography Holiday Summary
Saltee Island Gannet Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £0 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: March 5th, 2015*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: March 5th, 2015.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.
NaturesLens Limited is a company committed to customer satisfaction & consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, & in accordance with ''The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992'' all passengers booking with NaturesLens Limited are fully insured for the initial deposit, & subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form.
The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of NaturesLens Limited.