2021 – Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday
April 25, 2021 - May 2, 2021£2499 £2249
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Itinerary
transfer from madrid-barajas adolfo suárez airport to our accommodation in the lagunas de villafáfila nature reserve - if time allows, photography of lesser kestrels in an abandoned town
all-day bustard photography in villapando area
all-day bustard photography in villapando area
transfer to arribes del duero - photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture
all-day photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture
all-day photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture - transfer to valladolid
all-day photography of spanish imperial eagle
all-day photography of spanish imperial eagle - transfer to madrid-barajas adolfo suárez airport
- Accommodation on a non-shared basis (with no single supplement payable)
- Airport Transfers
- All hide sessions & appropriate permits
- All in-trip transportation
- All photography sessions & appropriate permits
- Food on a full board basis
- Guidance & advice from our Photography Holiday Guide
- Transportation between photographic locations
- All Drinks
- Any activities not listed on the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses of any type
- Required Insurances
- Tips & Gratuities
- Transportation to start location
What our clients say
- Alan - Calera - 2017
Always good trips, with great photographic opportunities, & lots of camaraderie. Recommended!
- Make a Booking Enquiry
To make a booking enquiry, please complete the form below & we will get back to you as soon as possible.
This form collects your entered details for the purposes of a booking enquiry.
- How to Book
Before booking, it is important that you read the relevant photography holiday event page & our Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for this photography holiday, please contact us.
- Recommended Equipment
Recommended Camera Equipment
For this photography holiday, we would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 100-400mm, which is extremely versatile, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing some birds in the environment shots.
If you own a lens with an aperture of f/2.8 within the recommended focal length, bring it! These will allow you to focus on your subject faster & will also be useful in low light conditions.
You should also pack a tripod to help steady your lens, especially when you are out photographing at dawn & dusk.
For this photography holiday, the weather can be changeable so we would recommend that you pack layers of thin fleeces or mid shirts & jumpers since you can remove items of clothing as you start to warm up. You don't need to bring camouflage clothes but please do pack neutral coloured clothes so that you blend into the landscape. You should also bring a warm waterproof coat & waterproof trousers in case it rains, so you are covered for all eventualities.
Silk gloves or a thin pair of thermal gloves with rubber grip on the fingers & palm will help to keep your hands warm. Silk gloves are great for wicking away moisture from your hands, leaving them dry & therefore lovely & warm. Gloves where the fingers are cut away so that you can operate your camera with them on would be a good substitute.
Don't forget to pack sensible waterproof walking boots & a warm hat to protect your head.
- Additional Notes
- NaturesLens photography holidays do not include flights unless it is explicitly stated on the event page. When it is time to book your flights, we will send you the details in plenty of time to allow for bookings at the best available price. It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical & personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the photography holiday. We also strongly recommend you take out cover for cancellation & curtailment & baggage cover.
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Summary
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £500 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: January 25th, 2021*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: January 25th, 2021.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.