2020 – Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday
May 3, 2020 - May 10, 2020£2499 £2249
Photographable Species: azure-winged magpie, black kite, black vulture, bonellis eagle, calandra lark, golden eagle, great bustard, griffon vulture, hawfinch, imperial eagle, lesser kestrel, little owl, red kite, wheatear, white stork
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Itinerary
transfer from madrid-barajas adolfo suárez airport to our accommodation in the lagunas de villafáfila nature reserve - if time allows, photography of lesser kestrels in an abandoned town
all-day bustard photography in villapando area
all-day bustard photography in villapando area
transfer to arribes del duero - photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture
all-day photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture
all-day photography of golden eagle, bonelli's eagle & egyptian vulture - transfer to valladolid
all-day photography of spanish imperial eagle
all-day photography of spanish imperial eagle - transfer to madrid-barajas adolfo suárez airport
- Accommodation on a non-shared basis (with no single supplement payable)
- Airport Transfers
- All hide sessions & appropriate permits
- All in-trip transportation
- All photography sessions & appropriate permits
- Food on a full board basis
- Food on a half board basis
- Guidance & advice from our Photography Holiday Guide
- Transportation between photographic locations
- All Drinks
- Any activities not listed on the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses of any type
- Required Insurances
- Tips & Gratuities
- Transportation to start location
What our clients say
- Make a Booking Enquiry
- How to Book
- Before booking, it is important that you read the relevant photography holiday event page & our Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for this photography holiday, please contact us. To book, simply click the relevant link from the event page on our website. You will then be sent a booking form & a copy of our terms & conditions. In order to secure your place on the selected photography holiday, simply complete the booking form with details of all persons travelling & holiday indemnity, in relevant cases, & return to us (either by email or by post) with confirmation that the deposit has been paid. Payments should be made via bank transfer.A deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking unless you are booking less than 90 days before departure. In this case, full payment of the photography holiday price is required.
- Recommended Equipment
Recommended Camera Equipment
For this photography holiday, we would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 100-400mm, which is extremely versatile, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing some birds in the environment shots.
If you own a lens with an aperture of f/2.8 within the recommended focal length, bring it! These will allow you to focus on your subject faster & will also be useful in low light conditions.
You should also pack a tripod to help steady your lens, especially when you are out photographing at dawn & dusk.
For this photography holiday, the weather can be changeable so we would recommend that you pack layers of thin fleeces or mid shirts & jumpers since you can remove items of clothing as you start to warm up. You don't need to bring camouflage clothes but please do pack neutral coloured clothes so that you blend into the landscape. You should also bring a warm waterproof coat & waterproof trousers in case it rains, so you are covered for all eventualities.
Silk gloves or a thin pair of thermal gloves with rubber grip on the fingers & palm will help to keep your hands warm. Silk gloves are great for wicking away moisture from your hands, leaving them dry & therefore lovely & warm. Gloves where the fingers are cut away so that you can operate your camera with them on would be a good substitute.
Don't forget to pack sensible waterproof walking boots & a warm hat to protect your head.
- Additional Notes
- NaturesLens photography holidays do not include flights unless it is explicitly stated on the event page. When it is time to book your flights, we will send you the details in plenty of time to allow for bookings at the best available price. The photography holiday itinerary is subject to change & is to be considered provisional. NaturesLens photography holidays require a minimum number of participants in order to be viable. If this minimum number is not met, the photography holiday may not go ahead. This photography holiday has a minimum participant level of 4 plus NaturesLens guide(s). In the event that the minimum number for a photography holiday to go ahead is not reached, NaturesLens reserves the right to cancel any given photography holiday. In that event 100% of monies received will be returned. However, NaturesLens is not responsible for expenses incurred by its customers. Not all mentioned wildlife can be observed & photographed at all times of the year, thus some activities may be considered seasonal & not available.Please note the cuisine on many of the NaturesLens photography holidays is authentic & typical of the region in which you are travelling. International or western cuisine is often NOT available. If you have any concerns over the food arrangements or have any special dietary requirements, please contact us prior to making a booking.All personal luggage are the responsibility of the owner & we request that photography holiday participants limit their luggage to the equivalent of one suitcase, one flight bag, one camera bag & tripod. We do not wish to appear dictatorial in this matter & the request is made to ensure space & comfort for everyone in our vehicles.NaturesLens & its agents act only as agents for the passenger in all matters relating to travel arrangements, & as such, do not assume responsibility for injury, accident, damage, loss, delay or irregularity which may occur via defect of transportation or any other cause.NaturesLens reserves the right to substitute hotels, & other previously outlined arrangements as necessary, to either improve or equal the travel experience.NaturesLens reserves the right to pass on to photography holiday particpants any additional & unplanned expenditure incurred during a photography holiday, via events beyond the control of NaturesLens.
NaturesLens reserves the right to accept or decline any person as a member of any photography holiday. Payment of deposit by photography holiday participants or their representative constitutes their acceptance of all conditions contained herein. All bookings are made subject to our terms & conditions. Travel Insurance RequirementsIt is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical & personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the photography holiday. We also strongly recommend you take out cover for cancellation & curtailment & baggage cover. We have made use of the services of Campbell Irvine Insurance in the past, Campbell Irvine has policies which are specially designed for adventure holidays & are underwritten by AXA Insurance. As an alternative, check your standard travel insurance, many bank accounts include suitable insurance as part of a packaged deal. Personal Travel Insurance can be arranged directly at Campbell Irvine. For photographic insurance, we highly recommend the services of Glover & Howe. We have made use of their policies for a number of years now, adjustments, policy maintenance & claims are handled in an easy & professional manner by them.
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Summary
Spanish Birds of the Castilian Plains Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £500 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: February 3rd, 2020*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: February 3rd, 2020.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.