2021 – Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday
March 20, 2021 - March 31, 2021£3249 £2999
Please note that if you are a travelling couple or a pair of friends who will book at the same time & share a twin room, you can book places on this tour for £2549 per participant!
All images used on this page have been taken by recent participants on our tours to Costa Rica – they are representative of the photographic opportunities that are made available to our guests.
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Itinerary
arrive in san jose - transfer to hotel in san jose - overnight san jose
transfer to tortuguero - afternoon boat tour of the jungle canals - overnight tortuguero
morning & afternoon boat tours of the jungle canals - overnight tortuguero
transfer to sarapiqui - afternoon photography of birds from photography deck - overnight sarapiqui
full-day frog & snake photography - overnight sarapiqui
hummingbird & other bird photography - overnight sarapiqui
sarapiqui river tour - afternoon photography of birds from photography deck - overnight sarapiqui
emerald toucanet photography - overnight sarapiqui
transfer to boca topada - evening bat photography - overnight boca topada
tanager, dacnise, honeycreeper & seedeater photography followed by king vulture photography - overnight boca topada
san carlos river tour - afternoon photography at reserva maquenque - overnight boca topada
return to san jose and flight home
- Accommodation on a non-shared basis (with no single supplement payable)
- Airport Transfers
- All in-trip transportation
- All photography sessions & appropriate permits
- Food on a half board basis
- Guidance & advice from our Photography Holiday Guide
- Transportation between photographic locations
- All Drinks
- Any activities not listed on the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses of any type
- Required Insurances
- Tips & Gratuities
- Transportation to start location
What our clients say
- Alan - Calera - 2017
Always good trips, with great photographic opportunities, & lots of camaraderie. Recommended!
- Make a Booking Enquiry
To make a booking enquiry, please complete the form below & we will get back to you as soon as possible.
This form collects your entered details for the purposes of a booking enquiry.
- How to Book
Before booking, it is important that you read the relevant photography holiday event page & our Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for this photography holiday, please contact us.
- Recommended Equipment
Recommended Camera Equipment
For this photography holiday, we would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from a macro lens, an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 70-200mm or 100-400mm, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing some environment or landscape shots.
If you own a lens with an aperture of f/2.8 within the recommended focal length, bring it! These will allow you to focus on your subject faster & will also be useful in low light conditions.
You should also pack a tripod to help steady your lens, especially when you are out photographing at dawn & dusk. Last but not least, don't forget to pack a flash or lighting unit.
For this photography holiday, we recommend that you pack neutral coloured t-shirts teamed with neutral coloured trousers & a hat to protect your head from the sun. January is the best time to visit Costa Rica as it is the dry season with maybe a little rain in the afternoon or evening showers. For this reason, you should also bring a waterproof jacket & waterproof trousers so you are covered for all eventualities. A fleece would also be useful for the cool evenings.
Sandals or easy shoes are great for the hotel but you will need sensible shoes for when you are out & about.
Don't forget to pack your sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen & insect repellent!
- Additional Notes
- NaturesLens photography holidays do not include flights unless it is explicitly stated on the event page. When it is time to book your flights, we will send you the details in plenty of time to allow for bookings at the best available price. It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical & personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the photography holiday. We also strongly recommend you take out cover for cancellation & curtailment & baggage cover.
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Summary
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £600 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: December 20th, 2020*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: December 31st, 2020.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.