2022 – Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday
April 9, 2022 - April 20, 2022£3249 £2999
Please note that if you are a travelling couple or a pair of friends who will book at the same time & share a twin room, you can book places on this tour for £2599 per participant!
All images used on this page have been taken by recent participants on our tours to Costa Rica – they are representative of the photographic opportunities that are made available to our guests.
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Itinerary
arrive in san jose - transfer to hotel in san jose - overnight san jose
transfer to tortuguero - afternoon boat tour of the jungle canals - overnight tortuguero
morning & afternoon boat tours of the jungle canals - overnight tortuguero
transfer to sarapiqui - afternoon photography of birds from photography deck - overnight sarapiqui
full-day frog & snake photography - overnight sarapiqui
hummingbird & other bird photography - overnight sarapiqui
sarapiqui river tour - afternoon photography of birds from photography deck - overnight sarapiqui
emerald toucanet photography - overnight sarapiqui
transfer to boca topada - evening bat photography - overnight boca topada
tanager, dacnise, honeycreeper & seedeater photography followed by king vulture photography - overnight boca topada
san carlos river tour - afternoon photography at reserva maquenque - overnight boca topada
return to san jose and flight home
- Accommodation on a non-shared basis (with no single supplement payable)
- Airport Transfers
- All in-trip transportation
- All photography sessions & appropriate permits
- Food on a half board basis
- Guidance & advice from our Photography Holiday Guide
- Transportation between photographic locations
- All Drinks
- Any activities not listed on the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses of any type
- Required Insurances
- Tips & Gratuities
- Transportation to start location
What our clients say
- Alan - Calera - 2017
Always good trips, with great photographic opportunities, & lots of camaraderie. Recommended!
Make a Booking Enquiry
How to Book
Recommended Camera Equipment
For this photography holiday, we would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from a macro lens, an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 70-200mm or 100-400mm, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing some environment or landscape shots.
If you own a lens with an aperture of f/2.8 within the recommended focal length, bring it! These will allow you to focus on your subject faster & will also be useful in low light conditions.
You should also pack a tripod to help steady your lens, especially when you are out photographing at dawn & dusk. Last but not least, don't forget to pack a flash or lighting unit.
For this photography holiday, we recommend that you pack neutral coloured t-shirts teamed with neutral coloured trousers & a hat to protect your head from the sun. January is the best time to visit Costa Rica as it is the dry season with maybe a little rain in the afternoon or evening showers. For this reason, you should also bring a waterproof jacket & waterproof trousers so you are covered for all eventualities. A fleece would also be useful for the cool evenings.
Sandals or easy shoes are great for the hotel but you will need sensible shoes for when you are out & about.
Don't forget to pack your sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen & insect repellent!
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Summary
Wildlife Highlights of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £600 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: January 9th, 2022*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: February 28th, 2022.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.