2021 – Wildlife of Costa Rica Photography Holiday
October 12, 2021 - October 27, 2021£3999 £3899
Wildlife of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Itinerary
arrive san jose airport, overnight at hotel villa tournon
hummingbird photography on way to san gerado valley - 2 hour drive, overnight in san gerado valley
quetzal photography followed by hummingbird photography, overnight in san gerado valley
quetzal photography followed by hummingbird photography, then drive to sarapiqui - 3 1/2 hour drive - with a stop for hummingbird (snowcap & coquete) photograpjy, overnight in sarapiqui area
full-day frog photography, overnight in sarapiqui area
hummingbird & other bird photography at copes, overnight in sarapiqui area
feeder photography at tico rainforest - 2 hour drive, overnight in tico rainforest area
travel to boca topada - 2 hour drive, overnight in boca topada area
feeder photography followed by king vulture photography, overnight in boca topada area
feeder photography followed by optional king vulture photography, overnight in boca topada area
travel to arenal - 2 hour drive, overnight in arenal area
spider, reptile & snake photography, overnight in arenal area
caño negro boat tour, overnight in arenal area
travel to monte verde - 3 1/2 hour drive, overnight in monte verde area
photography walk at selvatura & hummingbirds, followed by travel to san jose - 3 1/2 hour drive, overnight at hotel villa tournon
flight to home location
- Accommodation on a non-shared basis (with no single supplement payable)
- Airport Transfers
- All in-trip transportation
- All photography sessions & appropriate permits
- Food on a half board basis
- Guidance & advice from our Photography Holiday Guide
- Transportation between photographic locations
- All Drinks
- Any activities not listed on the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses of any type
- Required Insurances
- Tips & Gratuities
- Transportation to start location
What our clients say
- Alan - Calera - 2017
Always good trips, with great photographic opportunities, & lots of camaraderie. Recommended!
- Make a Booking Enquiry
To make a booking enquiry, please complete the form below & we will get back to you as soon as possible.
This form collects your entered details for the purposes of a booking enquiry.
- How to Book
Before booking, it is important that you read the relevant photography holiday event page & our Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any doubts regarding your suitability for this photography holiday, please contact us.
- Recommended Equipment
Recommended Camera Equipment
For this photography holiday, we would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from a macro lens, an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 70-200mm or 100-400mm, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing some environment or landscape shots.
If you own a lens with an aperture of f/2.8 within the recommended focal length, bring it! These will allow you to focus on your subject faster & will also be useful in low light conditions.
You should also pack a tripod to help steady your lens, especially when you are out photographing at dawn & dusk. Last but not least, don't forget to pack a flash or lighting unit.
For this photography holiday, we recommend that you pack neutral coloured t-shirts teamed with neutral coloured trousers & a hat to protect your head from the sun. January is the best time to visit Costa Rica as it is the dry season with maybe a little rain in the afternoon or evening showers. For this reason, you should also bring a waterproof jacket & waterproof trousers so you are covered for all eventualities. A fleece would also be useful for the cool evenings.
Sandals or easy shoes are great for the hotel but you will need sensible shoes for when you are out & about.
Don't forget to pack your sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen & insect repellent!
- Additional Notes
- NaturesLens photography holidays do not include flights unless it is explicitly stated on the event page. When it is time to book your flights, we will send you the details in plenty of time to allow for bookings at the best available price. It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical & personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the photography holiday. We also strongly recommend you take out cover for cancellation & curtailment & baggage cover.
Wildlife of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Summary
Wildlife of Costa Rica Photography Holiday Payment Details
- Deposit required to secure a place: £800 payable upon making a booking.
- Final balance payment due: July 12th, 2021*. Bookings made after this date will require the full payment to secure a place.
- Bookings close: July 12th, 2021.
- No-interest payment plan: we offer a no-interest payment plan for our photography holidays. Please enquire for details.
- * Unless stated otherwise on our event booking form.