Day 1 - Sunday - 1st December, 2019
Arrive San Jose Airport, Overnight at Hotel Villa Tournon
Day 2 - Monday - 2nd December, 2019
Hummingbird photography on way to San Gerado Valley – 2 Hour drive, Overnight at Mirador de Quetzales
Day 3 - Tuesday - 3rd December, 2019
Quetzal photography followed by Hummingbird photography, Overnight at Mirador de Quetzales
Day 4 - Wednesday - 4th December, 2019
Quetzal photography followed by Hummingbird photography, then drive to Sarapiqui – 3 1/2 hour drive – with a stop for Hummingbird (snowcap & coquete) photograpjy, Overnight at Heliconia Island
Day 5 - Thursday - 5th December, 2019
Full-day Frog Photography, Overnight at Heliconia Island
Day 6 - Friday - 6th December, 2019
Hummingbird & other bird photography at Copes, Overnight at Heliconia Island
Day 7 - Saturday - 7th December, 2019
Feeder photography at Tico Rainforest – 2 Hour drive, Overnight at Mirador Cinchona
Day 8 - Sunday - 8th December, 2019
Travel to Boca Topada – 2 Hour drive, Overnight at Laguna del Lagarto Lodge
Day 9 - Monday - 9th December, 2019
Feeder photography followed by King Vulture photography, Overnight at Laguna del Lagarto Lodge
Day 10 - Tuesday - 10th December, 2019
Feeder photography followed by optional King Vulture photography, Overnight at Laguna del Lagarto Lodge
Day 11 - Wednesday - 11th December, 2019
Travel to Arenal – 2 Hour drive, Overnight at Hotel Arenal Palace
Day 12 - Thursday - 12th December, 2019
Spider, Reptile & Snake Photography, Overnight at Hotel Arenal Palace
Day 13 - Friday - 13th December, 2019
Caño Negro Boat Tour, Overnight at Hotel Arenal Palace
Day 14 - Saturday - 14th December, 2019
Travel to Monte Verde – 3 1/2 Hour drive, Overnight at ???
Day 15 - Sunday - 15th December, 2019
Photography walk at Selvatura & hummingbirds, followed by travel to San Jose – 3 1/2 Hour drive, Overnight at Hotel Villa Tournon
Link to Map …
Day 16 - Monday - 16th December, 2019
Flight to home location
- Should we have a second day at Copes – or half a day – see below
- Which hotel in Mirador Cinchona?
- Where are we staying in Monte Verde? Hotel Fonda Vela?
- What will we do in Monte Verde? Skywalk? I found this ‘Skywalk is an unforgettable experience, allowing visitors to feel the sensation of walking among the clouds while shooting toucans, trogons, howler monkeys, & other tree-dwelling mammals & reptiles, if lucky. At the butterfly garden enjoy different species, as well as a wide range of insects & arachnids in live exhibits. Finally, imagine yourself in a beautiful garden amongst one hundred beautiful hummingbirds flying cheerfully around you! That is what the incredible Hummingbird Garden has to offer you. More than fourteen species of hummingbirds will amaze you with their incredible aerial manoeuvres & bright lively colours. There is also a lovely butterfly garden to enjoy. Definitively a photographer’s delight.’
- Sarapiqui Boat cruise instead of Cano one – perhaps with Copes in the morning?
- There are 2 – I think optional evening meals – & 4 optional lunches – let’s include these too – cost was $2400 plus a $500 single occupancy supplement – lets put $100 more in the pot – call it $3000 per person – how does that sound?
- Macaw farm is that included? You mentioned `’on the way to macaws place”