Lake Kerkini in Northern Greece is situated in the northeast of the district of Serret just 40km from the town of Serres & 100km from Thessaloniki. The lake is one of the most important wetlands in Europe with about 300 bird species having been observed there. Among them, the Dalmatian Pelican, a prehistoric looking but utterly photogenic & charismatic bird.
Our 2017 Dalmatian Pelicans Photography Tours to photograph the Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini marked our third year of visiting this beautiful lake & back in January, I had the pleasure of leading the first of our two trips out there with Sean Weekly, the newest member of our guiding team.
I have to admit to being more than a little excited about the trip. Kerkini was experiencing its coldest winter in over a decade with lots of snow & ice, something they had not seen in 15 years & snow was something that we have been hoping for since we started visiting the area.
As we approached our hotel, we could see that the lake was completely frozen over, which meant boat trips were not going to be possible unless there was a big thaw while we were out there.
Dalmatian Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- 2015 Dalmatian Pelican photography holiday report
- Our Dalmatian Pelican images get a magazine spread
- Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holidays client images
- Still more client images of the Dalmatian Pelicans
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican client images
- The dreamy Dalmatian Pelicans of the Greek Lakes
- Dalmatian Pelicans on an icy Lake Kerkini
- A frozen Lake Kerkini & the Dalmatian Pelicans
- Some of andy’s Kerkini photography tour images
- A different angle on Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- Pelicans of Greece … continued …
- Johan’s images of Kerkini’s Dalmatian Pelicans
- The 1st of a series of images captured on Lake Kerkini by Sean
- More imagery of the Kerkini Pelicans from Sean
- The last of the Dalmatian Pelican images from Sean
- Pui Hang’s review of the 2017 Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tour
- Annette’s images from our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Holiday
- Sean reports in from this year’s trio of Kerkini Pelican Photography Holidays
- Steen’s images of the Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Lake Kerkini’s Pelicans by Rosamund
- Dalmatian Pelican Images from John Chamberlin
- The Pelicans of Lake Kerkini by Richard
- Karen’s Pelicans of Lake Kerkini
- Jessica’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- Omar’s Images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Greece
- 12 mesmerizing images of the Dalmatian Pelicans of Kerkini
- 10 beautiful images showing what can be captured during our Dalmatian Pelican Photography Tours